- A mixed alcoholic drink, especially a frothy one of rum or gin and bitters: a rum swizzleMore example sentences
- The concierge thrust a rum swizzle at me as the calypso band struck up a bright number.
- They are giddy with jetlag and an unspecified number of rum swizzles (an evening ritual) from the Yankee Clipper.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Stir (a drink) with a swizzle stick: he would swizzle it into a froth and pour it out for usMore example sentences
- Pour on the vodka, the raspberry liqueur, then the juice, then the soda. Swizzle it all with a swizzle stick and you're good to go.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.