Fond of sensuous luxury or pleasure; self-indulgent: their opulent and sybaritic lifestyle
More example sentences
- Italy was a country of inexhaustible charm, sybaritic pleasure, and cultural wealth, of course, but it was not to be taken quite seriously in an economic or political sense.
- We were starring, fantastically, in our own movie, a romance that Halliburton might have written had he lived long enough to acquire a taste for the more sybaritic pleasures of travel.
- All my nostalgia for Venice has been evoked by an article in this week's Spectator, in which Stephen Glover describes the sybaritic pleasures of his weekend.
- More example sentences
- While not sybaritically luxurious, the plane's layout was comfortable and fairly roomy.
- Today's more sybaritically inclined travellers can follow a more stylish route by opting for Cappadocia's other speciality: upmarket caves.
- This is the mood that is missing from descriptions of Venetians as almost sybaritically content within their watery enclosure.