- A cyclotron able to achieve higher energies by decreasing the frequency of the accelerating electric field as the particles increase in energy and mass.More example sentences
- Those machines were known as frequency modulated cyclotrons, synchrocyclotrons, or, in the Soviet Union, phasotrons.
- Once the Chicago synchrocyclotron began operating routinely, Fermi returned to experimentation.
- The steel cylinder in front of him holds a document to be laid in the concrete of the synchrocyclotron building.
More definitions of synchrocyclotronDefinition of synchrocyclotron in:
- The US English dictionary