Definition of synchronized swimming in English:
A sport in which members of a team of swimmers perform coordinated or identical movements in time to music.
- The four disciplines of aquatic sports, namely swimming, water polo, diving and synchronized swimming are infelicitous and poorly represented.
- About 600 competitors will participate in swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming from Thursday to Saturday.
- In some sports like gymnastics, dressage and synchronised swimming music is integral to the performance.
synchronized swimmer noun
- Example sentences
- A further team of swimmers, divers, water polo players and synchronized swimmers will also be vying for honours at the Asia Pacific Championships in Hong Kong later this month.
- The athletes comprise of 16 male and 16 female swimmers, 12 divers including competitors in a newly adopted event, synchronized diving, 12 synchronized swimmers and 36 water polo players.
- Soon she's joined by her fellow performers - athletes all - who tumble and splash, mimicking synchronised swimmers and Olympic racers in a playful display of clowning.
Definition of synchronized swimming in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia