- Of or using conjunctions: syndetic coordinationsMore example sentences
- In the following exchange, note the use of simple clauses and sentence fragments joined by syndetic or asyndetic co-ordination.
- This is syndetic coordination, since a coordinating conjunction is present.
- Coordinating conjunctions are mainly used in compound syndetic sentences to link (coordinate) two or more independent ideas.
early 17th century: from Greek sundetikos, from sundein 'bind together'.
More definitions of syndeticDefinition of syndetic in:
- The US English dictionary