Definition of syndrome in English:
- A number of rare or uncommon congenital syndromes are associated with decreased platelet production.
- The immune response produces a syndrome of inflammation at the site of the infection.
- The investigators used factor analysis to identify a cluster of symptoms and syndromes unique to Gulf War veterans.
- Vinegar syndrome only affects films made up to the 1970s, when a different type of film was introduced.
- I would like to ask other readers if they have experienced road rage trolley syndrome this Christmas?
- You could as easily call it the Pinter syndrome and it certainly is the BBC syndrome.
- Example sentences
- Actually, sex with one person can give you HIV, a viral condition that reduces the effectiveness of your immune system, which often leads to a number of symptoms and infections generally grouped under the syndromic umbrella of AIDS.
- Craniosynostosis, the premature fusion of the cranial sutures, is a significant medical problem, occurring in both syndromic and nonsyndromic forms.
- New York City's innovative approach of combining physician reporting with syndromic surveillance offers a useful model for other major cities to follow.
Mid 16th century: modern Latin, from Greek sundromē, from sun- 'together' + dramein 'to run'.
This is a modern Latin word, from Greek sundromē, from sun- ‘together’ and dramein ‘to run’. Other words formed from sun include synopsis (early 17th century) from sun- ‘together’ opsis ‘seeing’, and synthesis (early 17th century) from suntithenai ‘place together’.
Words that rhyme with syndromemetronome • palindrome
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.