- Fuel made from coal, oil shale, etc. as a substitute for a petroleum product: synfuel would be more expensive than liquefied natural gas [count noun]: gigantic expenditures for crude oil and synfuelsMore example sentences
- The removal of the nonhydrocarbons from the synfuel enhances its eventual use as a fuel, e.g., a jet fuel.
- As an example, synfuels released nearly twice as much carbon into the atmosphere as conventional fuels.
- Companies say that synfuels could become an important energy source sooner if the U.S. government lends a hand.
More definitions of synfuelDefinition of synfuel in:
- The US English dictionary