- A laxative syrup made from dried figs, typically with senna and carminatives.More example sentences
- They may not be exactly in pristine condition - one is a bit bruised and scuffed, while the other has an intermittent leak - but they will work more quickly to shift those unwanted pounds than an entire vat-full of syrup of figs.
- She stated the ingredients were syrup of figs and extract of prunes.
- Eat the whole tin of prunes or the directed dose of syrup of figs- you will soon go but it may be painful as it's been so long.
More definitions of syrup of figsDefinition of syrup of figs in:
- The US English dictionary