noun (plural tabulae rasae /ˌtabjʊliː ˈrɑːziː/)
- 1.1The human mind, especially at birth, viewed as having no innate ideas.More example sentences
- So, for Locke, the human mind was a tabula rasa, a blank slate upon which experience records itself as human knowledge.
- Locke believed that we are born without innate knowledge, with an empty mind, a tabula rasa.
- They championed the opposing view that the developing human brain is a tabula rasa.
Latin, literally 'scraped tablet', denoting a tablet with the writing erased.
More definitions of tabula rasaDefinition of tabula rasa in:
- The US English dictionary