noun (plural taffies)[mass noun]
- 1North American A sweet similar to toffee, made from brown sugar or treacle, boiled with butter and pulled until glossy.More example sentences
- We gorged ourselves on boardwalk treats: caramel apples, cotton candy, salt water taffy, hot waffles and ice cream.
- This is expected if extensive reconnection is occurring, because as the magnetic fields stretch, the reconnection layer also stretches, like taffy being pulled.
- November featured both All Saints' Day and Saint Catherine's Day, during which it was a French Canadian custom to pull taffy.
early 19th century: earlier form of toffee, ultimate origin unknown.
More definitions of TaffyDefinition of taffy in:
- The US English dictionary