nounNorth American • informal
- A catchphrase or slogan, especially as used in advertising, or the punchline of a joke: ‘struggling to save their marriage’ is a tabloid tag line that has become permanently affixed to the coupleMore example sentences
- The National Thoroughbred Racing Association introduced a new advertising campaign with the tag line, ‘Who do you like today?’
- McKinnon suggested a possible tag line: ‘He's been wrong for 32 years, he's wrong now.’
- But occasionally a tag line is great, and it makes a difference.
More definitions of tag lineDefinition of tag line in:
- The US English dictionary