nounchiefly North American
- The rear section of the exhaust pipe of a motor vehicle.More example sentences
- Some of the subtle alterations include a tailpipe covered by the rear air dam as well as enlarged air intakes to provide more air for the intercooler.
- Apart from the larger wheels and badging, the Turbo S also wears a subtly redesigned front air grille and oval, rather than rectangular section tailpipes.
- Styling is clean, has sporty overtones with its wedge profile, chiseled belt line and twin chrome exhaust tailpipes.
More definitions of tailpipeDefinition of tailpipe in:
- The US English dictionary