- A wheel supporting the tail of an aircraft while on the ground.More example sentences
- You're looking for relative movement between the fuselage and the spring, between the spring and the tailwheel, and between the tailwheel and the wheel itself.
- She had recognized the stuck-pin signal from the plane captain and had released the parking brake (an H - 3 trick for unsticking a stuck pin) and had also complied with my call for unlocking the aircraft tailwheel.
- As the tailwheel lifts during the takeoff run, gyroscopic precession tries to turn the plane left of centerline.
More definitions of tailwheelDefinition of tailwheel in:
- The US English dictionary