- A style of blues music in which the lyrics are more or less spoken rather than sung.More example sentences
- He had stopped singing talking blues and songs about ‘causes‘.
- Some appear here, as does a funny talking blues about discovering the pocket-change pleasures of Thunderbird wine and its cloudy-brained oblivion.
- It is a scatter-gun, modern talking blues, bemoaning the pratfalls of craving celebrity, delivered in the style of early Dylan, over a tune that sounds like a feisty young sister to Neil Young's ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’.
More definitions of talking bluesDefinition of talking blues in:
- The US English dictionary