- An Old World shrub or small tree with tiny scale-like leaves borne on slender branches, giving it a feathery appearance.
More example sentences
- Genus Tamarix, family Tamaricaceae: many species, including the French tamarisk (T. gallica), a common coastal shrub of SW Europe
- They sing, chase each other around and hop from branch to branch in the tamarisk trees.
- One building was surrounded by tall tamarisk and Eucalyptus trees.
- Nonnative tamarisk or saltcedar (Tamarix spp.) has invaded many wetlands, and others have been drained and filled.
late Middle English: from late Latin tamariscus, variant of Latin tamarix, of unknown origin.
More definitions of tamariskDefinition of tamarisk in:
- The US English dictionary