Definition of tambourine in English:
A percussion instrument resembling a shallow drum with metal discs in slots around the edge, played by being shaken or hit with the hand.
- Musical groups danced the samba all the way, beating bongo drums and shaking tambourines.
- This page is great for inspiration as it suggests ways of making a tambourine, drum, chimes, horn, cymbals, xylophone, guitar, comb buzzer and hand bells.
- Every song they present is a staggering collage of guitars and drums, bells, tambourines, brass, and every other manner of beep or squeak under the sun, all falling in line in lush, swaying arrangements.
- Example sentences
- At this stage we are confident however there is a rumour circulating around musical circles that one of the tambourinists may be taking a ‘break’ from music mid to late next year.
- Many tambourinists hold the instrument still and move only the hand that is striking it.
- If you're lucky, you can catch the odd open-air concert in the harbourside area to the south: Polish folk music or tambourinists from Burkhina Faso.
Definition of tambourine in:
- US English dictionary