- A clay oven of a type used originally in northern India and Pakistan.More example sentences
- The restaurant also has a tandoor in their kitchen, which allows the chiefs to make Indian style barbecue of various flavours.
- Since breads play a major role in Indian cuisine, the restaurant imported mud from specific regions of India to make the tandoor, influencing the taste to some extent.
- The Blonde had the doracha seekh, a combination of chicken and crab flakes chargrilled in the tandoor oven and served with a piquant mango and avocado chutney, at £7.50.
from Urdu tandūr, from Persian tanūr, based on Arabic tannūr 'oven'.
More definitions of tandoorDefinition of tandoor in:
- The US English dictionary