nounchiefly Soccer & Basketball
- A relatively gentle close-range kick or tap that scores a goal: he scored with a tap-in from a corner kickMore example sentences
- He notched 18 league goals - some tap-ins, some headers, some spectacular long rangers - while being Liverpool's main striker and forcing his way into the England team.
- He turns people and uses his body well and can score both the wonder goals and tap-ins, which is part and parcel of being a good striker.
- He can score different types of goals, not just tap-ins but he can also dribble round you or bend them in.
More definitions of tap-inDefinition of tap-in in:
- The US English dictionary