- 1The bark of the paper mulberry tree.More example sentences
- Boys learn to plant, cultivate, cook, and fish; girls learn to cook and are taught how to prepare tapa for decoration or clothing.
- 1.1 (also tapa cloth) Cloth made from tapa, used in the Pacific islands.More example sentences
- Beaded cloth from India, Indonesian batiks, and Hawaiian tapa are perfect for pillows or throws.
- The principal tasks for Wallisian men are the production of food in the form of root crops, pigs and seafood, whereas women produce tapa and mats.
- On Wallis, there is no longer a central market but, as we have seen in the early sections of this paper, there is an important informal market for pigs, fish, tapa and mats.
early 19th century: of Polynesian origin.
More definitions of tapaDefinition of tapa in:
- The US English dictionary