Definition of tape machine in English:
1A tape recorder.
- He never patented his portable tape machine or the microphones he created because he had no grasp of the financial side of the business.
- And if you've got a piece of paper and a pen, or access to a tape machine, or access to a video camera - and now access to the Internet - you are as much of a journalist as anybody out there.
- There are no seamless pause-edits to keep the groove; you can actually hear the tape machine stopping and re-recording between each cut, and yet there is an odd pleasure in grooves that work against dancing.
2A machine for receiving and recording telegraph messages on paper tape.
- The tape machines rolled up to speed, and ominous rumbles of thunder sent electrical static sizzling through the wires.
- The perforator was replaced by a new punched tape machine which worked like a typewriter.
- It was initially a spring-driven punched paper tape machine.
Definition of tape machine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan