1A tape recorder.
- He never patented his portable tape machine or the microphones he created because he had no grasp of the financial side of the business.
- And if you've got a piece of paper and a pen, or access to a tape machine, or access to a video camera - and now access to the Internet - you are as much of a journalist as anybody out there.
- There are no seamless pause-edits to keep the groove; you can actually hear the tape machine stopping and re-recording between each cut, and yet there is an odd pleasure in grooves that work against dancing.
2A machine for receiving and recording telegraph messages on paper tape.
- The tape machines rolled up to speed, and ominous rumbles of thunder sent electrical static sizzling through the wires.
- The perforator was replaced by a new punched tape machine which worked like a typewriter.
- It was initially a spring-driven punched paper tape machine.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tape ma|chine
Definition of tape machine in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.