- 1The language into which a text, document, or speech is translated.More example sentences
- Your translator's native tongue should be the target language and the translator's expertise should match that of the original author's.
- The King James Version was an example of how the original was so much transformed that the translated literary form became ineluctably part of the target language, and was much more popular in that language than in the original.
- Translators should be trained to advise both on the target language and the cultural acceptability of the questions to be asked.
- 1.1A foreign language which a person intends to learn.More example sentences
- In some cases, students with different native languages may be grouped together to learn a target language.
- The members of the family can hear and learn the language in the workplace, in the classroom, neighborhood, and playground - wherever they come into contact with people who speak the target language well enough to help them learn it.
- Each second language acquirer develops their own grammar of the target language, the language they are acquiring, based on hypotheses that are confirmed or rejected through feedback they receive.
More definitions of target languageDefinition of target language in:
- The US English dictionary