- Grey with a tinge of brown: [as modifier]: a taupe overcoatMore example sentences
- The colour taupe is perfect for grey or blonde hair.
- For a subtle look, use a slightly darker or lighter hue of the main color (i.e. beige and taupe, navy and royal blue, purple and violet).
- Along with taupe and chocolate brown, one of this season's hottest shades is a muted heather (lavender with a bit of gray).
early 20th century: from French, literally 'mole, moleskin', from Latin talpa.
More definitions of taupeDefinition of taupe in:
- The US English dictionary