- 1The levying of tax: the progressive nature of taxation [as modifier]: a taxation systemMore example sentences
- Income tax rate will not be increased and the progressive taxation system will be preserved.
- Tax experts have been quick to point out the legitimacy of the Irish taxation system.
- In effect, while not a tax, zakaah seems to be a more equitable form of levy than taxation on income.
- 1.1Money paid as tax: direct taxation was low it should be financed out of taxationMore example sentences
- These assets were paid for by our forefathers through money raised through local taxation.
- It's vital we reform local democracy so people regard local taxation as money well spent.
- Tax on capital gains provides an incentive to place capital in the member country with the lowest level of taxation.
Middle English (in the sense 'the assessment of a penalty or damages'; compare with tax): via Old French from Latin taxatio(n-), from taxare 'to censure, charge'.
More definitions of taxationDefinition of taxation in:
- The US English dictionary