nounchiefly North American
- A professional dance partner.More example sentences
- Born in Italy in 1895, Valentino went to New York at the age of 18, where he earned his living at Maxim's as a taxi dancer - paid to dance with unaccompanied women.
- He worked for a while as a taxi dancer (paid by the ‘ride’, or dance), and performed in dance exhibitions.
- After a series of odd jobs, he became a taxi dancer and then an exhibition dancer in New York City.
More definitions of taxi dancerDefinition of taxi dancer in:
- The US English dictionary