1 [mass noun] Hard durable timber used in shipbuilding and for making furniture.
- Gone are the days when valuable timber like rosewood and teak were considered predominant for construction works and furniture making.
- Designed to blend in with the natural environment, this kind of outdoor furniture is usually constructed from hardy, durable woods like teak or redwood.
- With evidence like that, it's not at all hard to see why teak is commonly used in the construction, shipbuilding, and outdoor furniture industry.
2The large deciduous tree native to India and SE Asia which yields teak.
- Tectona grandis, family Verbenaceae
- The company Haritha Plantations had come up about a decade ago with an aim to grow teaks and mangium in barren lands he bought at Palghat and Thenmala in Kerala and Kuttalam and Pattakurichi in Tamil Nadu.
- A teak tree exporter called police after a man purporting to be a football player on the Thai national team left her broke and stranded here in Pattaya.
- Tip-toe through the teak trees: Lou is experimenting with rotating sheep through the lots for easy grass and weed maintenance.
Words that rhyme with teakantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bezique, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, chic, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, keek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, ortanique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
Definition of teak in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.