Definition of teal in English:
noun (plural same or teals)
1A small freshwater duck, typically with a greenish band on the wing that is most prominent in flight.
- Genus Anas, family Anatidae: several species, in particular the common Eurasian and Canadian (green-winged) teal (A. crecca)
- And while the local migratory birds are flying out, the foreign ones like mallards, pintails, teals, shovelers, pochards, waders and curlews are coming in.
- Ducks, coots, teals, terns, gulls, cormorants, waders, egrets, plovers and herons are some of the birds that assemble here.
- The farm is also home to blue-winged teals, coots, grebes, and an occasional osprey or peregrine falcon.
1.1 (also teal blue) [mass noun] A dark greenish-blue colour.
- The colors - simmered shades of red, yellow and blue - are more urban decay than Mondrian, turning up as rusty orange, bilious yellow, bruised blue, teal blue and off-red, with smears of black and white.
- Coloured stones in shades like teal blue, burgundy, greens, chocolate browns, beads, wooden bracelets and huge jewelry in like colours are what her customers are asking for.
- I would say the best dress this month has got to be Naomi Watts wearing that Roly Mare dress with the square neckline, form-fitting, and a beautiful sort of teal blue.
Middle English: of unknown origin; related to Dutch teling.
Words that rhyme with tealallele, anele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, cockatiel, conceal, congeal, creel, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, manchineel, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definition of teal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.