noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of geophysics that deals with the forces that cause movement and deformation in the earth’s crust.More example sentences
- This paper reviews the recent progress in the studies of experimental rock mechanics and tectonophysics concerning seismology and physics of the Earth's interior in China.
- Tectonophysics is aimed at incoming graduate students and senior undergraduates, and examines the basic physical processes of the dynamic Earth.
- Plate tectonics and tectonophysics are disciplines of Earth Science which describe the motions of the Earth's crust and the associated driving mechanisms of such motion.
More definitions of tectonophysicsDefinition of tectonophysics in:
- The US English dictionary