- Grow or cut milk teeth: (as noun teething) it soothes the discomfort of teethingMore example sentences
- Parents, midwives, health visitors, and doctors blame teething for a wide range of symptoms in babies, including diarrhoea, drooling, crankiness, rashes, and strong smelling urine.
- In every group most of those who believed that teething causes symptoms ascribed irritability, dribbling or drooling, biting objects, sleep problems, inflamed gums, and red cheeks to teething.
- Fever can also be caused by teething, dehydration and some childhood immunisations.
late Middle English: from teeth.
More definitions of teetheDefinition of teethe in:
- The US English dictionary