- Collective term for Jewish phylacteries.More example sentences
- Still, one may never make use of a printed Torah, tefillin, or mezuzah for sacred purpose.
- The first cut is done at the front of the head, at the spot where the boy will later place his tefillin upon becoming Bar Mitzvah.
- While the Torah mentions tefillin, but gives no details, everyone throughout history has had the same black boxes, leather straps and identical parchments inside.
from Aramaic těpillīn 'prayers'.
More definitions of tefillinDefinition of tefillin in:
- The US English dictionary