- A camera lens designed to be fitted in front of a standard lens to increase its effective focal length.More example sentences
- You might want to look into getting a 1.4x teleconverter, or a longer lens.
- In fact, most professional bird photographers use a 500 mm or 600 mm lens coupled with a teleconverter to extend the focal length as much as possible.
- Armed with my 2x teleconverter on my 200 mm - 500 mm Tamron zoom lens set at 500 mm, I fired off a number of shots at close range to capture some of the details of this bird that are not visible from farther away.
More definitions of teleconverterDefinition of teleconverter in:
- The US English dictionary