- A person skilled or employed in telegraphy.More example sentences
- Skilled telegraphists had relayed Morse code messages along the line from Adelaide to Darwin and overseas, and vice versa.
- In the early 20th century, telegraphists in the UK began experiencing ‘telegraphist's cramp ’, a condition thought to be caused by the rapid, repetitive movements required to send Morse code.
- Andrew, a telegraphist of the Royal Engineers, also recorded an example of this battle-weary mood in a letter sent from the front.
More definitions of telegraphistDefinition of telegraphist in:
- The US English dictionary