Definition of teleplay in English:
1A play written or adapted for television.
- The stories finally were published in book form - without first being written as teleplays, which had been his habit until then.
- Adam is taken with Jacie and decides to write a teleplay for her.
- He was graduated with honors from Oxford, ran unsuccessfully for Parliament in 1964, then began writing teleplays.
2A screenplay for a television drama.
- He has the largest body of work of any American writer with over 30 volumes of novels, screenplays, teleplays, theatre-works and essays.
- Books, dramas, films and teleplays invariably highlight the love of beauty, sometimes to the exclusion of all other forms of togetherness.
- The scriptwriter is married to Carlos and has won many awards for her screen and teleplays.
Definition of teleplay in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan