noun (plural tellies)British
- informal term for television. there’d been a cowboy film on telly [count noun]: a black-and-white tellyMore example sentences
- They just keep turning towards the telly if it is on, rather than talking to you.
- The others, he knew, would all be sitting around the telly watching the family film.
- The telly, the wireless, even the theatre do not evoke the same sense of a communal occasion.
More definitions of tellyDefinition of telly in:
- The US English dictionary