noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation and swelling of a tendon, typically in the wrist, often caused by repetitive movements such as typing.More example sentences
- Tenosynovitis is caused by inflammation of tendons on the thumb side of the wrist.
- Splinting the wrist at a neutral angle helps to decrease repetitive flexion and rotation, thereby relieving tenosynovitis.
- Each of these long tendons has a lubricated synovial sheath, which can become inflamed and painful in the condition of tenosynovitis.
late 19th century: from Greek tenōn 'tendon' + synovitis.
More definitions of tenosynovitisDefinition of tenosynovitis in:
- The US English dictionary