- Relating to the terga of an arthropod.More example sentences
- In places, portions of the sternites can be seen where the tergal cuticle has broken away.
- The cuticle of juvenile stages is thin and weakly sclerotized, and sternal and tergal plates are barely recognizable in the light microscope.
- They also discovered a contact sex pheromone in the female's tergal gland - the first time such a pheromone has been identified for any termite species.
mid 19th century: from Latin tergum 'back' + -al.
More definitions of tergalDefinition of tergal in:
- The US English dictionary