- Any of a large class of organic compounds including terpenes, diterpenes, and sesquiterpenes. They have unsaturated molecules composed of linked isoprene units, generally having the formula (C5H8)n.More example sentences
- Many species endemic in Australia are known to synthesize and accumulate significant quantities of volatile terpenoids.
- The nectar is sucrose-dominant but also contains low concentrations of glucose, fructose, free amino acids and possibly terpenoids.
- Agents used in household cleaning compositions are composed of structurally diverse classes of chemicals, including surface active agents, phenols, and terpenoids.
More definitions of terpenoidDefinition of terpenoid in:
- The US English dictionary