- 1A paper set to test the knowledge of a student, especially in preparation for an examination.More example sentences
- She said she could not wait for the November examination because the test paper would be based on a new syllabus.
- The teacher handed out the tests, faced down and waited until every student had a test paper.
- Next came six weeks of subject tutoring by a recent Oxford graduate with experience of the type of questions that might come up in the interview or on the test paper the university uses.
- 2 Chemistry A paper impregnated with an indicator which changes colour under known conditions, used especially to test for acidity.More example sentences
- Mortality with 4 per cent DDT impregnated test papers was 17.5 per cent.
- When using the test paper, first add a few drops of hydrochloric acid to the solution to be tested.
- In acid solution, oxidizing agents react with the iodide in the test paper to liberate iodine.
More definitions of test paperDefinition of test paper in:
- The US English dictionary