- 1A thin glass tube closed at one end, used to hold small amounts of material for laboratory testing or experiments.More example sentences
- The lipid was deposited as a film on the wall of a glass test tube by solvent evaporation under nitrogen.
- Just because conception takes place in a laboratory test tube, it is no less emotionally fraught for the couple concerned and no less morally taxing for the rest of us.
- The girl, 14 at the time of the incident in May 1996, was injured when a test tube of ethanol boiled over during a chemistry class.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting things produced or processes performed in a laboratory: new forms of test-tube lifeMore example sentences
- In the January Chemical Research in Toxicology, Fukuhara's group describes test-tube experiments showing that even at high concentrations, the synthetic catechin remains an antioxidant.
- After four or five days in space, the sperm will be returned to Earth where it will used to make test-tube piglets.
- Adorability notwithstanding, the test-tube koalas are by-products of a project to establish the use of long-shelf-life koala sperm as a means of shoring up vulnerable populations.
More definitions of test tubeDefinition of test tube in:
- The US English dictionary