Relating to or characteristic of tetanus, especially in connection with tonic muscle spasm.
More example sentences
- Tetanus infection can cause production of a neurotoxin, leading to tetanic muscle contractions.
- Three days after being given intravenous zoledronic acid, he had tetanic spasms and paraesthesia.
- Clearly, tetanic stimulation of the quadriceps muscle is not feasible in unanesthetized human subjects.
- More example sentences
- These results suggest that in normal medium both single and tetanically evoked mossy fiber calcium responses are inhibited by released zinc, with the single-field potentials remaining unaltered.
- We investigated the influence of hyperoxia on O2 uptake in tetanically contracting canine gastrocnemius.
- Finally, the structural and metabolic characteristics of the tetanically stimulated muscles are restored to values that allow electrically supported standing up and standing.
Definition of tetanic in:
- The US English dictionary