Definition of tetradactyl in English:
(Of a vertebrate limb) having four toes or fingers.
- Unlike other tetradactyl salamanders, S. keyserlingii normally has the fifth tarsale, developing to fuse later with the fourth tarsale.
- In 1991, a single track of a tetradactyl tetrapod was found in a white/grey sandstone near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England.
- Are trackways known in which the hind-foot impressions are tetradactyl with long, very narrow unguals?
- tetradactyly noun
- Example sentences
- Some mammals also exhibit tetradactyly (for example the hind limbs of dogs and cats).
- Tetradactyly of both hands, hypoplasia of both fibulas and scapuloiliac hypoplasia is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Definition of tetradactyl in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.