Definition of tetradactyl in English:
(Of a vertebrate limb) having four toes or fingers.
- Unlike other tetradactyl salamanders, S. keyserlingii normally has the fifth tarsale, developing to fuse later with the fourth tarsale.
- In 1991, a single track of a tetradactyl tetrapod was found in a white/grey sandstone near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England.
- Are trackways known in which the hind-foot impressions are tetradactyl with long, very narrow unguals?
- Example sentences
- Some mammals also exhibit tetradactyly (for example the hind limbs of dogs and cats).
- Tetradactyly of both hands, hypoplasia of both fibulas and scapuloiliac hypoplasia is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Definition of tetradactyl in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia