adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- 1Having parts arranged in groups of four.More example sentences
- The genus is characterized by tetramerous flowers with bithecal anthers, lack of pseudostaminodia, a capitate or poorly defined stigma, and pollen of the Amaranthus type.
- The stele is divided into three parts, the tetramerous proxistele closest to the theca tapering through the mesistele to the dimerous dististele furthest from the theca.
- The species are distinguished from most other tetramerous beetles, by the thickened hinder thighs, by which they are enabled to leap to a considerable height into the air.
- 1.1Consisting of four joints or parts.More example sentences
- They usually have umbrella-shaped bodies and tetramerous (four-part) symmetry.
More definitions of tetramerousDefinition of tetramerous in:
- The US English dictionary