- A telephone developed for use by people who are deaf or hard of hearing, having a small screen and a keyboard on which a message may be typed to be received by another textphone.More example sentences
- A deaf person taps out their message on a textphone and the text is then read aloud by the operator to a hearing person.
- The centre also hopes to recruit a team of four deaf or hearing-impaired women to work on the organisation's minicom textphone, which offers deaf and hearing-impaired women their first point of contact with the service.
- The 13 special flats are equipped with flashing strobe lights, using different colours to alert people to the door, textphone or fire alarm.
More definitions of textphoneDefinition of textphone in:
- The US English dictionary