- Language regarded as characteristic of text messages, consisting of abbreviations, acronyms, initials, emoticons, etc.: I never ever abbreviate (i.e. write in textspeak), but cabinet ministers and heads of industry do perhaps U2 should call themselves You Two/Too to avoid promoting textspeak among the youthMore example sentences
- Moves are afoot to include some mobile phone textspeak in the official dictionary of the game beloved by generations.
- The same message sent in that hideous text-speak would have been more than a little unsettling.
- I just think it's crass to abbreviate in that manner, writing in text-speak like some 15-year-old going out on a Friday night.
More definitions of textspeakDefinition of textspeak in:
- The US English dictionary