Definition of theodicy in English:
noun (plural theodicies)[mass noun]
The vindication of divine providence in view of the existence of evil: the question of theodicy [count noun]: those seeking a theodicy
More example sentences
- I realize that we brush up against the problem of evil and theodicy here.
- Uninterested in apologetics and theodicy, Carroll is nonetheless obsessed with the God she finds in the natural world.
- By examining the impact of religious theodicy on life satisfaction, this paper addresses one of the more understudied issues in religion and health research.
- Example sentences
- Let us consider the theodicean significance in terms of antiblack racism and an antiblack world.
- Each of the theodicean problems that Descartes examines is developed in detail.
- In part one, I seek to read Hegel's Lectures on the Philosophy of World History against the prevalent theodicean interpretation of much of his religio-historical work.
Definition of theodicy in:
- US English dictionary