Definition of theodicy in English:
noun (plural theodicies)[mass noun]
The vindication of divine providence in view of the existence of evil: the question of theodicy [count noun]: those seeking a theodicy
More example sentences
- I realize that we brush up against the problem of evil and theodicy here.
- Uninterested in apologetics and theodicy, Carroll is nonetheless obsessed with the God she finds in the natural world.
- By examining the impact of religious theodicy on life satisfaction, this paper addresses one of the more understudied issues in religion and health research.
- Example sentences
- Let us consider the theodicean significance in terms of antiblack racism and an antiblack world.
- Each of the theodicean problems that Descartes examines is developed in detail.
- In part one, I seek to read Hegel's Lectures on the Philosophy of World History against the prevalent theodicean interpretation of much of his religio-historical work.
Words that rhyme with theodicyodyssey
Definition of theodicy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan