(also thermos flask, US also thermos bottle)
- A vacuum flask.More example sentences
- These include her passport, money belt and traveler's checks; pens, notebooks and maps; a Thermos, mug and knife.
- Their plastic cups came from visitors from a mosque in Swindon who arrived one afternoon with Thermoses of sweet tea and samosas still warm from the oven.
- On the stage is a lectern, a leather armchair, a potted palm and a table with a Thermos flask: enter the speaker in a beige cardigan.
early 20th century: from Greek, literally 'hot'.
More definitions of thermosDefinition of thermos in:
- The US English dictionary