- Denoting substances (especially synthetic resins) which set permanently when heated. Often contrasted with thermoplastic.More example sentences
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation, or catalysis a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
- The methanal can then be used in the manufacture of thermosetting plastics.
- He called this material Bakelite - after himself - and it was the first thermosetting plastic in the world.
- More example sentences
- There are three classes of polymers - thermoplastics, thermosets, and elastomers.
- An alternative approach is to use powder coatings, which involves spraying or dipping components in thermoplastic or thermoset resin powders.
- One after another, he circulated plastic bags containing polymer samples through the meeting room: brittle black thermosets, pliable brown elastomers, and tough fiberglass composites.
More definitions of thermosettingDefinition of thermosetting in:
- The US English dictionary