- The region of the atmosphere above the mesosphere and below the height at which the atmosphere ceases to have the properties of a continuous medium. The thermosphere is characterized throughout by an increase in temperature with height.More example sentences
- There are no significant sources of heat in the mesosphere as there are in the stratosphere below and the thermosphere above.
- It lies between 60 and 100 kilometres up, that is above the stratosphere where all the ozone is, and below the thermosphere where our atmosphere trails off towards the vacuum of space.
- Whilst carbon dioxide is causing a global rise in temperature at the Earth's surface, it has the opposite effect in the upper part of the atmosphere known as the thermosphere.
More definitions of thermosphereDefinition of thermosphere in:
- The US English dictionary