noun (plural thingummies)• informal
- A person or thing whose name one has forgotten, does not know, or does not wish to mention: one of those thingummies for keeping all the fire tools togetherMore example sentences
- Payday or no payday, I'm not exactly in the jet set income bracket, so I had to content myself one of those micro-mini flash memory drive thingummies.
- This is because some sort of technical thingamy happened with our hosting thingamy.
- If you believe in Feng Shui, you would probably recognise the larger role of the Laughing Buddha or any of the charming thingummies used by this ancient Chinese science to harmonise the energy of a living space.
late 18th century: from thing + a meaningless suffix.
More definitions of thingummyDefinition of thingummy in:
- The US English dictionary