- (also thinners) A volatile solvent used to make paint or other solutions less viscous: dampen a clean rag with thinners and carefully wipe any remaining dust from the timberMore example sentences
- Pesticide products in pressurized cylinders, oil, antifreeze, tires, paints, varnishes, thinners, cleaners and solvents will not be accepted.
- Household batteries, paints, varnishes, thinners, adhesives, solvents and waste oils are all classified as hazardous by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Primary school and high school aged children were caught sniffing solvents such as spray paint, thinners and lighter fluid in plastic bags and bottles.
More definitions of thinnerDefinition of thinner in:
- The US English dictionary