noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A sulphur-containing barbiturate drug used as a general anaesthetic and hypnotic, and (reputedly) as a truth drug.More example sentences
- I have injected the antibiotic cefuroxime, thinking it was the anaesthetic thiopentone.
- The use of induction agents, such as thiopentone, and muscle relaxants when a patient's airway reflexes are still present, can counteract these effects.
- Inhibition of neutrophil respiratory burst and chemotaxis in vitro by thiopentone but not methohexitone
More definitions of thiopentoneDefinition of thiopentone in:
- The US English dictionary